Monday, September 25, 2006

Great quotes....

If you haven't noticed already I am kind a quote guy. I am pretty articulate, but when I see someone else who can express clearly a though with an economy of words I am always impressed. I ran across this one this morning.

If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability. --Henry Ford

In a nut shell, one of the hardest things about going cruising is determining how much is enough? I could probably save for the rest of my life, but never have enough money to carry through a voyage like this with complete certainty. I guess that is part of both the excitement and the draw of a circumnavigation. It is a great leveler of men. Once you are out there, nothing you have done to date matters. Only that you have the desire, the attitude, and the ability to handle what the world throws at you. This is a good one to help keep the money factor in perspective.

No comments: