Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Smashed it!

No, not the boat. In an effort to keep up the motivation to get in shape I entered into another 5K run. This one was done locally by the Houston Astros. The cool thing is that I recruited two of my friends to come with us and by race day we were a four pack. Three of us ran, one of us walked, and we all had a really great time.


My finish time for this one was 29 minutes and 23 seconds as compared to my last time of 31 minutes and 52 seconds. That’s a 2.5 minute improvement! I am pleased. I also got confirmation that I am the “Ideal” man. At least that’s how I am interpreting the results from the free body fat analysis I got at the race. Apparently I am ideal, I knew it all along, but now I have independent confirmation.

So what’s the next step in the quest for fitness? We are getting the band back together for another 5K on June 28th up in Deer Park, TX. There are a few new additions that will be running this one. Apparently the word has spread how much fun we have at these things. I know, hard to believe considering how much I don’t like to run. Must be the camaraderie of the thing. If anyone wants to come out with us, all are welcome.

There is one other idea brewing that seriously scares me. Somehow, someone got the idea that we should do one of these things called a sprint triathlon. They have three back to back events including a 500 meter swim, 16 mile bike ride, and a 5K run. I don’t have a bike which is my first excuse. I am sure I can come up with more in the next few weeks. There is one scheduled up in Katy on July 13th. Hummm…..

No comments: