I’ve got to go get a bunch of random small parts to clean up a bunch of random small projects. Here is the list of parts and associated poject I am going out for this morning.
1. Galvanized carabiners – used to hank the storm jib over the furled headsail
2. 23 ¼ inch long x 1.5 or 2 inch stainless steel tubing and flat end caps – making a security bar at the stove
3. 3M 4000 sealant – for the chainplate caps and stanchion rebidding projects
4. Teflon tape – I just always run out of this stuff. Immediate need for engine zinc replacement
5. Engine zincs – these are sacrificial anodes that wear away instead of eating up the engine
6. Plumbing parts for water tank and hose – I can’t believe the deck plate isn’t plumbed to the water tank. It just dead ends in mid air.
7. Boom cleat for Lazy Jack line – Old plastic one broke
8. Heavy Duty zip ties – A must have, like duct tape. Need them for cleaning up the electrical harness and hanging my lifeline netting
9. 1/8 or 3/16 piece of teak – Have to make a mounting plate for a remote radio speaker and microphone for the VHF. Can’t hear it in the cockpit.
10. Teflon Grease to lube the FaMet Roller Furling compression washer.
Busy day, but the progress feels good.
Skype: (281) 336-0855
Satellite Phone: 8816-316-59853